As we begin to get excited about summer holidays and warmer weather, here are 5 easy to wear trends to take you through the next few months in style. All of these are adaptable to any body shape and are instant updates for summer wardrobes.
- Frills and Flounce – fabulous frills are staying around! We can all embrace the on trend feminine ruffles, but wear them in a way that suits you. For example, if you have a larger bust, go for ruffles on sleeves or a skirt instead of the shoulder or chest area. I love J Crew for up to date basics in a great range of colours.
- Gingham – as you know, gingham is one of the prints of the season. Wear head to toe or as a nod to the trend with accessories. I’ve picked Hobbs for work or casual gingham styles.
- Floaty midi skirts – good for most body shapes, you may just need to add heel height and be careful how much they poof out at the waist! Jigsaw have some great skirts, and the one I’ve picked is top of my shopping list.
- The jumpsuit – when you find a jumpsuit style that works for you, they are so easy to wear. Admittedly it can sometimes be a challenge finding one that flatters on the top as well as the bottom – and then there is the other downside of taking the whole thing off to go to the loo! They are still everywhere in the shops – I love the simplicity of their navy Pure Collection jumpsuit and the floaty florals of their gorgeous little number from Anthropologie.
- Sandals/ Mules – you just can’t beat them for comfort and style when you are in the sun. Carvela have some fun, easy styles, perfect if you are exploring a beautiful walled Italian town or strolling out to the pool to relax after an early morning workout.
What are your favourite styles for the summer? We would love to hear from you! Come on sunshine…
I can’t believe that by the time we are holding our retreat in September, we will be focusing on transitioning into Autumn. Lets make sure that we embrace these summer trends while we can!
*Blog post by Chloe Brasier, Sant Elia in-house stylist