We’ve all heard this one “I don’t have time to cook”, or more often “I can’t think what to have for dinner tonight” Actually I’ve said both on many an occasion.
But with a little bit of planning mealtimes can become less of a chore.
I try to keep my store cupboard well topped up, and within my weekly shop I always make sure I have a pack each of, mixed lettuce, rocket, spinach and kale. These I use during the week for convenience, all other vegetables I buy lose.
This is my take on one of my favourite SIRT Food diet meals.
Baked salmon with buckwheat, kale, broccoli, turmeric, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oven 200 deg.
- Finely chop onion, ginger and garlic.
- Start to steam kale and broccoli.
- Place some slices of lemon on the salmon and bake in the hot oven for 7 to10 mins.
- Whilst salmon is cooking, cook the buckwheat in boiling water, to which you have added a quarter to half a teaspoon (depending on taste) of turmeric, cooking time can be anything from between 4 and 6 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to a deep frying pan, gently fry, onion, garlic and ginger to a pale golden colour.
- Remove any water from kale and broccoli and add to the onion mix, stir gently and keep warm over low heat.
- Strain buckwheat, remove salmon from oven and serve.
Within 15 minutes you’ll have a delicious, well balanced healthy meal.