I have always thought of age as just being a number, an old cliche I know, but everyday I hear people say “I’m too old to do that”.
I’m convinced that many retired people talk themselves into old age. Perhaps having retired, they feel there’s no purpose or a goal anymore? There are many retired people who, due to the pressures of work, have had no time to develop hobbies or a network of friends socially, this often leads to loneliness.
Take a look at these amazing people who help to motivate me. They may not appeal to all of you, but you can’t deny the sheer determination and, I think, the love for life they all appear to have.
Remember you’re never too old to try something new.
- Ans Botha, 74 year old great grandmother and coach of the 400m world record holder Wayde van Niekerk.
- Ernestine Shepherd, 80 year old fitness trainer and competitive body builder.
- Deshun Wang, 80 year old runway model
- Robert Marchand, 105 year old French cyclist.
- Carmen Dell’Orefice, 85 year old model.